Community Calendar
Sponsored by:


 
www.rebbecmotor.com


To submit your event click
events@wpeo.com
Please submit your items at least two weeks in advance!

 

April 2014

 

April 1st - 10th

Riverside Community Church is hosting their annual Easter egg hunt outreach on April 5th at 11am! This free event wil be tons of fun for the whole family! They've got an icredible Message, prizes, food, and over 20,000 Easter eggs packed iwth candy! Egg hunts are for children ages 0-5th grade. The church is located at 207 NE Monroe in Peoria. For more information about the egg hunt, please call 309-676-7700.

Step inside the Luthy Botanical Garden's Conservatory this spring (March 28-April 20) and see a botanical wonderland of tropical plants, spring plants and of course, lilies! See hundres of beautiful flowers contrasted with lush tropical foliage, and experience the wonderful world of the Lorax, this year's theme. Yes, truffula trees will be added to the collection! The Lily Show is a community tradition and a wonderful way to greet spring with family and friends. Regular Garden admission applies. Luthy Botanical Garden is located at 2520 N Prospect Rd in Peoria. For more information, please call 309-686-3362.

Kappa Delta sorority at Bradley University will host their annual Shamrock 5K and pancake breakfast on April 5th at 9am. It is $15 to participate in the 5K (Shamrock Stride) or 1 mile walk (Shamrock Strut). The race starts at Markin Recreational Center on Bradley's campus and there is an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast that follows the race in Williams Hall Cafeteria. All Shamrock Stride and Strut participants will receive free pancakes, otherwise tickets are $5. 80% of the profits will be donated to The Children's Home in Peoria and the remaining 20% to Prevent Child Abuse America. To learn more or to register, please call 773-255-5703.

The Linn Mennonite Christian School in Roanoke is having its annual Fish Fry at the school on April 5th from 4:30-7:30pm. Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for ages 4-10, and under 4 is free. There will also be a bake sale. For more information or directions to the school, please call 309-323-3466.


April 11th - 26th

 

You are invited to the 25th Anniversary Charity & Horse Auction to benefit Salem4Youth on Saturday, April 12th. The Charity Auction will begin at 8:30am and the Horse Auction will begin at 1pm. The auction will be held at 15161 N 400 E Road in Flanagan. To learn more, please call 815-796-4565 or visit www.salem4youth.com.

Peoria Christian School's Annual Auction will be held on April 26th! This year's theme is "Wild, Wild West". The annual auction is one of the three events that the school uses to cover the difference it costs to educate a student that tuition does not cover. Please support the auction! The auction is a lot of fun and features hundreds of items in many different price ranges. General Admission tickets are $5, Admission & Grub is $15, and a reserved table of 8 for the Auction & Grub is $250. Tickets can be purchased during school hours at the business office. Peoria Christian is located at 3506 N California Ave in Peoria. To learn more, please call the school at 309-686-4500.

Summer is the time for kids to get up, get out and grow. But for some kids, exposure to activities that stimulate the body and mind ends with the school year. On April 26th, the Y wil celebrate Healthy Kids Day, their national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids. The day will begin at 10am and there will be a Health Fair, Color Dash, Zumba, Basketball Shootout, Camp Registration, and Swim Team Registration. The Y is located at 7000 N Fleming Ln in Peoria. To find out more about Healthy Kids Day, please call 309-692-7361.

The 25th APACHE (Association of Peoria Area Home Educators) Convention will take place at Grace Presbyterian Church on April 26th at 8pm. Registration is now open and the cost is $35 for members and $60 for non-members. Speakers include Dr. Rob Rienow of Visionary Family, Jeannie Fulbright of Apologia, and Dr. Tommy Mitchell of Answers in Genesis! The church can be found at 8607 N State Rt 91 in Peoria. Please go to www.apachecentralillinois.org for more info and to register!

April 27th - 30th

Peoria Christian High School Theater will present "Excerpts of Broadway2!" on May 2-3rd at 6:30pm. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors. "Excerpts of Broadway 2!" includes musical performances from Annie Get Your Gun, Grease, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and A Chorus Line. It is suitable for all ages and is sure to be a crowd pleaser! The school is located at 3506 N California Ave in Peoria. All seats are reserved and tickets are available now, so make sure you buy your tickets today! For additional information, please visit www.peoriachristian.org.

 

 

 

 

 

Go to

 


WPEO Home